There are a number of negative consequences of missing some or all of your teeth. Missing teeth affect the aesthetics of your face. Your smile is impacted by gaps from missing teeth. If you are missing multiple teeth, the skin around your mouth will not have proper support and will start to sag. This can make you look older than you are. Not having all your teeth also makes it hard to chew food and can impact the way you speak. Finally, there are the emotional consequences that come with missing teeth. At Lovett Dental, we love your smile, and we want you to love your smile as well. Our dental implants services are the gold standard for replacing missing teeth.
Reasons Why You May Need Dental Implants Services
Some of the common reasons for missing teeth include:
- Tooth decay
- Dental injuries
- Gum disease
- Surgical dental extraction
- Wear and tear
In addition to losing your teeth, there are some genetic orders that may prevent your teeth from ever coming in. Hypodontia is when six or less permanent teeth fail to develop. When six or more permanent teeth fail to develop, this is oligodontia.
Your teeth impact most areas of your life. Your ability to communicate clearly, employment opportunities, first impressions, confidence and oral health all revolve around having a mouth full of attractive teeth. Getting dental implants in Baytown, TX, can offer a dramatic and positive impact on your life.
Five Reasons Why Dental Implants Services Are So Popular
At Lovett Dental, we work with our patients to help them maintain good oral health. Nothing is as good as keeping your natural teeth. Implants are the next best thing. They look, feel, and function like your natural teeth. They allow you to smile with confidence. In many cases, they provide better long-term value than other teeth-replacement options. Here are five reasons why implants are so popular:
- Implants look natural and fit comfortably: Implants are designed to function, look, and feel like your natural teeth. They give you the confidence that you can smile, eat, and engage in social activities without being preoccupied with your appearance. As they are permanent, unlike dentures, they will not fall out.
- Implants are reliable and last for a long time: As long as you properly maintain your implants, they will last as long as other forms of teeth restoration. They have reliable and predictable outcomes.
- Implants have a high success rate: Every year, implant technology and techniques are improving. This leads to even better success rates.
- Improved ability to chew and to eat: Dentists anchor implants to the jawbone. With time, they help to preserve the jawbone. When you replace missing teeth with implants, you are able to speak more clearly and chew your food better.
- Maintain healthy facial and bone features: Conventional bridgework requires you to cut down adjacent teeth. This is not the case with implants. Implants reduce bone absorption, allowing you to maintain and restore your jawbone structure.
What to Expect When Getting Dental Implants
During implant surgery, dentists replace the roots of your teeth with titanium screw-like posts. These screw-like posts will function similarly to the way your natural roots function.
The exact procedure and the type of implant will vary, depending on the condition of your jawbone. Implant surgery may require multiple procedures and may imply a healing process that can take months.
During the procedure, the dentist will remove any damaged teeth. Your dentist may also perform jawbone grafting, if necessary. Then, the dentist will put in the dental implant, and you will be given time for the bone to grow and heal. Finally, the dentist will place an artificial tooth on top of the implant.
After dentists place the titanium implant in your jaw, a process called osseointegration begins. This is the process where your jawbone unites with the surface of the dental implant, creating a solid base for the new artificial tooth.
Dental implant surgery has a high success rate when performed on healthy patients. The sooner a person gets dental implant procedures after tooth loss, the more successful the procedure may be.
Some of the other services we offer to help you love your teeth include:
You do not have to be ashamed of your smile because of missing teeth. Lovett Dental’s program for dental implants in Baytown, TX, has helped many people restore their smile to something they love. We look forward to working with you. Contact us online or call us today at 281.346.9510.