There are several negative consequences of missing some or all of your teeth. Missing teeth affect the aesthetics of your face. Gaps from missing teeth impact your smile. If you are missing multiple teeth, the skin around your mouth will not have proper support and will start to sag. This can make you look older than you are. Not having all your teeth also makes it hard to chew food and impacts the way you speak. Finally, there are the emotional consequences that come with missing teeth. At Lovett Dental Baytown, we love your smile, and we want you to love your smile as well. Our dental implant services in Baytown, Texas are the gold standard for replacing missing teeth. Through our cosmetic dental services, we can help restore your smile and give you the confidence you deserve.
What to Expect When Getting Dental Implants
During implant surgery, dentists replace the roots of your teeth with titanium screw-like posts. These screw-like posts will function similarly to the way your natural roots function. The exact procedure and the type of implant will vary, depending on the condition of your jawbone. Implant surgery may require multiple procedures and may imply a healing process that can take months.
During the procedure, the dentist will remove any damaged teeth. Your dentist may also perform jawbone grafting, if necessary. Then, the dentist will put in the dental implant, and you will be given time for the bone to grow and heal. Finally, the dentist will place an artificial tooth on top of the implant. After dentists place the titanium implant in your jaw, a process called osseointegration begins. This is the process where your jawbone unites with the surface of the dental implant, creating a solid base for the new artificial tooth.
Dental Implants & Other Dental Services in Baytown, Texas
Dental implant surgery has a high success rate when performed on healthy patients. The sooner a person gets dental implant procedures after tooth loss. The more successful the procedure may be. Some of the other cosmetic dental services we offer to help you love your teeth include:
Reasons Why You May Need Dental Implants Services
Some of the common reasons for missing teeth include:
- Tooth decay
- Dental injuries
- Gum disease
- Surgical dental extraction
- Wear and tear
In addition to losing your teeth, some genetic conditions may prevent your adult teeth from emerging.
Your teeth impact most areas of your life. Your ability to communicate clearly, employment opportunities, first impressions, confidence, and dental health all revolve around having a mouth full of good-looking teeth. Dental implants can offer a dramatic and positive impact on your life.
Discover the Benefits of Dental Implants at Lovett Dental Baytown
At Lovett Dental Baytown, we work with our patients to maintain their dental health throughout their lives. Implants look, feel, and function like your natural teeth. They allow you to smile with confidence. In many cases, they provide better long-term value than other teeth replacement options. Here are five reasons why implants are so popular:
- Implants look natural and fit comfortably: Implants are designed to function, look, and feel like your natural teeth. They give you the confidence to smile, eat, and engage in social activities without being preoccupied with your appearance. As they are permanent, unlike dentures, they will not fall out.
- Implants are reliable and last for a long time: As long as you properly maintain your implants, they will last as long as other teeth restoration forms. They have reliable and predictable outcomes.
- Implants have a high success rate: Every year, implant technology and techniques are improving. This leads to even better success rates.
- Improved ability to chew and to eat: Dentists anchor implants to the jawbone. With time, they help to preserve the jawbone. When you replace missing teeth with implants, you can speak more clearly and chew your food better.
- Maintain healthy facial and bone features: Conventional bridgework requires you to cut down adjacent teeth. This is not the case with implants. Implants reduce bone absorption, allowing you to maintain and restore your jawbone structure.