Dental veneers are an option for people who may not be satisfied with their current smile. They’re a standard dental procedure that can completely change the way your teeth look. Lovett Dental Baytown specializes in providing veneers for teeth, giving you a smile you’ve always wanted.
What are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers consist of thin, custom-made shells made of porcelain or composite resin. The tooth-colored material mimics the look of natural teeth. Many people choose to get veneers to hide signs of staining, chipping, or crooked teeth. They’re also an option for covering teeth that are decaying. Dental veneers are developed by dental technicians in a lab using a model of your teeth taken by your dentist.
Getting veneers for teeth used to require having the tooth enamel shaved down to fit the dental veneers. It’s now possible to make them much thinner, similar to a contact lens so that minimal work needs to be done to your existing teeth to get the veneers properly aligned.
You can choose to get veneers to cover one tooth, several teeth, or a set that covers the entire front of your teeth. That makes it possible for you to achieve a smile makeover through cosmetic dentistry that improves your self-confidence.
What are the Benefits of Veneers?
Reasons you might want to consider getting dental veneers to cover your tooth flaws include:
- Provide instant results: Dental veneers only require you to go to the dentist twice. The first time to get a model of your teeth made, and the second to have the veneers placed over your front teeth. It can take longer to whiten your teeth or wait for orthodontics to straighten your teeth. Veneers for teeth are a good option if you’re looking for quick results from a minimally invasive procedure.
- Veneers function like regular teeth: Veneers for teeth are different from dentures, implants, or bridges. Those options are meant to replace missing teeth, while veneers beef up the appearance of your existing teeth. That preserves your underlying tooth structures and maintains the spacing already present. You can brush teeth, floss them, talk, and do other things normally. Since the material is as hard as regular teeth, you can eat without worrying about damaging your veneers.
- Give the appearance of whiter teeth: If you’re tired of looking at teeth stained by years of coffee drinking, then veneers can be a great option. They look completely natural while giving you a white, bright smile. You should be careful about consuming foods like blueberries that could stain your veneers.
- Veneers give you volume around the mouth: We lose volume in our teeth and the skin around our mouth as we age. That can lead to a sunken appearance that causes our mouth to look pursed. While veneers are generally designed to be thin, your dentist can add more layers to the structures to help your mouth area fuller, making you appear more youthful.
- Veneers hide years of wear and tear: Veneers quickly cover up damage to your teeth like worn-down incisors, cracks, or chips. Some people have gaps in their teeth that they wish to hide. Veneers are a quick way to cover those issues, so you don’t have to feel self-conscious about your smile.
Get Fitted For Dental Veneers Today
Lovett Dental Baytown can design veneers that provide you with a dazzling smile that covers up any minor imperfections. We also provide various other dental services in our Texas office, including:
Call us today at 281-838-8400 if you’re ready to give yourself a stunning new smile.