If you have already had dental braces as a child, you may not realize that there is a potential to need them again in the future. Unfortunately, teeth can move and shift, and injuries or damage to the mouth or face could lead to needing braces once again. At Lovett Dental, we’re here to help you get dental braces in Houston. Whether this is your first time with braces or not, we can help you get the right examinations to get started if you call 281-838-8400 today.
Why Do Some People Need Dental Braces Again?
There are a few reasons why you might need adult braces. For example, if you have a tooth pulled, your teeth may shift to fill that gap. If you suffer a blow to the face or jaw, you may need braces to reset the teeth and alignment of the jaw for a better bite.
Some signs that you’ll need them in the future include the following:
- New Crowding: If your teeth are crowding together or overlapping, then you may need to use a retainer or braces again to straighten them back out
- Gum Disease: Gum disease can lead to the teeth wiggling and shifting around in the mouth. You may lose some teeth, too. If that happens, you might need implants or dentures, but braces are also a distinct possibility. Braces help get your teeth back into alignment to do all other dental procedures more smoothly.
- Jaw Pain: Jaw pain is a big red flag showing that you need braces or other attention to the jaw. Your jaw is responsible for all biting and oral functions, so if it is misaligned or sore, it can impact you every day. Braces may help realign the jaw and teeth to make it easier to eat, speak, and chew.
- Trouble Speaking or Chewing: When your teeth start to move around, it can become difficult to chew and eat. Your teeth may no longer match up, and your bite pattern could be thrown off completely. If you’re having trouble chewing your food thoroughly or hear regular clicking when you do, it may be time to talk to your dentist about braces.
- Gaps: Gaps are another sign that you need to look into braces again. Teeth do tend to move, so shifting teeth may cause gaps in your mouth. While some teeth may crowd together, others may drift apart. If you had braces before, start looking for new gaps that weren’t there after your treatment. If you see them, you may want to look into having adult braces to correct the issue.
What Are Your Braces Options?
If you experience any of the above signs, you should schedule a dental exam at Lovett Dental Baytown. Our orthodontic specialists can guide you through how braces would be a good option to address your needs. There are several braces options for adults, such as:
All of these may be options for you, depending on the severity of the misalignment. Our team can talk to you about these options for braces and which we believe would best help the condition while fitting into your lifestyle.
Contact Lovett Dental for Adult Braces
At Lovett Dental, we’re here if you need to learn more about adult braces or want to find out how to get your teeth perfectly aligned. Our team is prepared to set up your first oral examination to tell you all the different options that will work and if braces are right for you. Contact us today to set up your appointment at 281-838-8400, and we will make sure you are scheduled to see our dentist as soon as possible.